Monday, January 17, 2011

Lunch Break

Oh man has it been a while! I had some free time on my lunch break, so I figured I would give a little update. (Sorry for the lack of pictures- I need to get some on my computer here at work). So much has happened this past month... Where do I begin?

We got to go back to Dallas for 10 days over Christmas. What a blessing that Lockheed Martin shuts down for that time. It was so great seeing family. I couldn't believe how fast the 10 days went by. By the time we were leaving it felt like we had just gotten there yesterday.

Robert and I were totally spoiled at home. On our drive back we had to fold down all the seats of my Forerunner, and the car was completely packed. We drove home all in 1 day (wow, was that an adventure). We got back to our apartment around 9pm-ish and then had to unload our car. While the old me wouldv'e said, "Let's just leave it til tomorrow," the new me now knows how easily cars get broken into- even in nice neighborhoods. (Evelynn (aka GPS)- we still miss you.) So we unloaded. In the snow. We dumped it all into our living room. Then we opened a bottle of wine. Then we were a lot happier.

Now we have been back to the grind. Robert is looking for a full time job, and I am really enjoying my off-Friday weekends. No work this Friday! Yay! It makes the week so much better, I cannot even explain it.

Also- in approximately 20 minutes, I will be heading down to donate blood in the parking lot of where I work. For those of you who know my very deep fear of needle, you will be surprised to know that I volunteered to do this. And I have not been nervous about it at all- until now. My hands are getting a little sweaty. But there is not turning back- they need my blood. Or at least I am telling myself that. I will let you know how it goes.

Oh- and Happy MLK Day! What an awesome day to look back and reflect on how the Lord used one person made such an impact. The Lord is big. Let Him work through you.

1 comment:

  1. FROM BECCA: why did i not have a shout out in all of your 10 days in dallas?? see you next christmas.

    ReplyDelete