Friday, December 10, 2010

Sick...

Sorry, no pictures on this post. Because I am pretty sure you would not want to see them. So here we go...

At 3:30 on Wednesday morning, I woke up to a horrifying sound. Robert vomiting. I rushed to the bathroom only to learn that he had been throwing up for the past two hours. So as my mother taught me, I got a cold rag, some water, and saltine crackers, and scratched Robert's back thanking the good Lord that I, too, was not throwing up. Robert wanted to sleep on the couch so I joined him and we talked about how I would work from home in the morning. The perfect plan. I would have a relaxing day at home and tend to my sick husband. Unfortunately, about two hours later, it was I who was hugging the toilet. So there we were, husband and wife both puking our guts out. I guess we should be thankful that we didn't need to use the toilet at the same time. It was a pathetic sight (hence no pictures).

Luckily, Robert stopped throwing up around 11 am and I around 1 pm. We were dehydrated and really weak. We only had Ginger Ale in the house and had already drank it all. So around 6 pm I decided that one of us needed to go to the store and get some gatorade. I mean we were totally delusional, and after reflecting on the day, Robert and I are fairly confident that we were kind of in and out of consciousness all day. I mean don't get me wrong, we were napping too, but there were definitely chunks of the day we don't really remember... Yeah. So we needed to get some kind of substance in our systems. Robert couldn't move, so I drove to the gas station (which looking back was probably pretty dangerous) and got some Gatorade. Life saver. Since we could actually keep it down, we started feeling better immediately. Phew.

It was probably one of the longest days of our lives. And definitely the biggest trial in our marriage that we have faced. But we made it! And since I went to the gas station by myself, I have gotten some really good foot rubs/back scratches since yesterday. :)

Right now I am making my first pumpkin rolls! Yum... I will post pictures of the final results!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to admit it - but I am laughing as I read this. One major life hurdle & you survived!!! Love you both & glad u feel better.

    ReplyDelete